History or comments
Referred to as one of the most attractive buildings in the state.
The building, originally built in the 1890s is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It was designed by Jewish Architect Arnold Bruner (1857 – 1925) of New York. Brunner went on to a distinguished career that included the design of many synagogues including Temple Beth El on Fifth Avenue in New York City as well as Shearith Israel, the United States’ oldest Jewish congregation. Other famous works by Bruner include the Stadium of the College of the City of New York – also known as Lewisohn Stadium, Mount Sinai Hospital and the U.S. Post Office, Custom House and Courthouse of New York. He also won the competition for the design of the U.S. State Department Building in Washington D.C.